New owners (and members)

  • Fran Kiger
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2008
      Hi all -

      My wife, Shannon, and I just recently purchased "Barnacle", an Atkin
      Jonquil design 33' gaff ketch. She is currently in Port Townsend, WA
      undergoing some minor bottom work (one wet plank and a couple of
      cracked frames) in preparation for our bringing her to her new home up
      here in Vancouver, BC.

      We are trying to establish the boat's history. The previous owner told
      us that she has been a local, Seattle-built boat. He also explained
      that although her keel was laid in 1937, thereafter she had been
      stored in a barn and slowly completed over the next 50 years, and not
      launched until 1987 - which is apparent from her excellent condition
      (and confirmed by our surveyor's observations).

      We have just begun researching her, and have little else to go on at
      this point. Are there any members of this group from the Port Townsend
      or Seattle area who have heard of "Barnacle"?

      Frank and Shannon