RE: [AtkinBoats] River Belle

  • Alan Boman
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
      Hi Eugene.

      Stitch and Glue was the original intention, but now I have decided to use an
      ordinary chine log for the length of the vessel, and a small hog for the
      joint of the panels of the tunnel just above the propeller to the transom.
      There is a section where the negative deadrise turns through flat to
      positive, where I think there may be some "stitches" required but that's all
      at present. The whole hull will be epoxy filleted and fibre glassed, so the
      result should be pretty strong..

      I have changed Mr William's flat sided design above the chine to a curve to
      allow it to be clinker (Lapstrake) built with 12 mm plywood "planks" each
      about 200mm wide. This approach adds a fair bit of strength, does away with
      the need for most of the sawn frames or bulkheads and adds a bit of extra
      beam as a bonus without changing the underwater profile.

      This is about "Plan F or G" at least, and I dare say that there are many
      more changes of plan to come! And that's only this week.....

      Cheers

      Alan

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2009
        Hi Allan
        Am interested in your boat project. Was unable to acess
        "riverbell.boman.biz" do you have another listing?
        Eugene
        Port of Catoosa
      • Alan Boman
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2009
          Hi Eugene,

          If you are having trouble try the full link..

          http://riverbelle.boman.biz/default.aspx

          this should work.

          Cheers

          Alan

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2009
            Hi Allan
            Me again. Still no luck. Will admit to being to ald for puters.
            Do I need to do somthing special to acess Australia?
            Eugene
            Port of Catoosa {Tulsa} Okla. USA
            Head of Navigation Arkansas River System
            edalmatiandixon@...
          • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2009
              Worked fine for me on XP