River Belle

  • Eugene Dixon
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
      Hi Allan
      Looks like a good start' Would like to know more about your
      planking intentions. Stitch and glue?
      Eugene
    • Alan Boman
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
        Hi Eugene.

        Stitch and Glue was the original intention, but now I have decided to use an
        ordinary chine log for the length of the vessel, and a small hog for the
        joint of the panels of the tunnel just above the propeller to the transom.
        There is a section where the negative deadrise turns through flat to
        positive, where I think there may be some "stitches" required but that's all
        at present. The whole hull will be epoxy filleted and fibre glassed, so the
        result should be pretty strong..

        I have changed Mr William's flat sided design above the chine to a curve to
        allow it to be clinker (Lapstrake) built with 12 mm plywood "planks" each
        about 200mm wide. This approach adds a fair bit of strength, does away with
        the need for most of the sawn frames or bulkheads and adds a bit of extra
        beam as a bonus without changing the underwater profile.

        This is about "Plan F or G" at least, and I dare say that there are many
        more changes of plan to come! And that's only this week.....

        Cheers

        Alan

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 21, 2009
          Hi Allan
          Am interested in your boat project. Was unable to acess
          "riverbell.boman.biz" do you have another listing?
          Eugene
          Port of Catoosa
        • Alan Boman
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2009
            Hi Eugene,

            If you are having trouble try the full link..

            http://riverbelle.boman.biz/default.aspx

            this should work.

            Cheers

            Alan

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2009
              Hi Allan
              Me again. Still no luck. Will admit to being to ald for puters.
              Do I need to do somthing special to acess Australia?
              Eugene
              Port of Catoosa {Tulsa} Okla. USA
              Head of Navigation Arkansas River System
              edalmatiandixon@...
            • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 22, 2009
                Worked fine for me on XP