Re: Lofting ??

  • Bryan Lowe
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 14, 2008

      > Please keep the discussion here, so we can all learn and
      participate.

      Here's my question...

      I am designing a boat that is inspired by Lady of the Lake, but it
      uses plywood construction and is a few feet longer, has more headroom,
      and many other changes. Is it fair to talk about that here? I want to
      be fair to Pat, and stick with the intent of this group. I think it
      should move to another forum. We've talked of it a bit in the
      Shantyboat forum.

      What do other members think?

      Bryan
    • Jim Courtney
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 14, 2008
        I may have misunderstood what you meant....Have you talked with Mrs.
        Atkin about this subject?

        Jim
        Florence, MS

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Lowe" <kingfm@...> wrote:

        > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jkohnen@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Please keep the discussion here, so we can all learn and
        > participate.
        >

        > Here's my question...
        >
        > I am designing a boat that is inspired by Lady of the Lake, but it
        > uses plywood construction and is a few feet longer, has more
        headroom,
        > and many other changes. Is it fair to talk about that here? I want
        > be fair to Pat, and stick with the intent of this group. I think it
        > should move to another forum. We've talked of it a bit in the
        > Shantyboat forum.
        >
        > What do other members think?
        >
        > Bryan

      • Alan Boman
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 15, 2008
          Hi Bryan,

          If you're basing your boat on an Atkin design, any discussion you care to
          share should be here.

          While Mr William said "Thou shall not alter the plans", we all do it I
          suspect, if only to take advantage of modern construction methods and
          materials. I certainly have and any crumb of experience from others is most
          welcome.

          Cheers

          Alan