Re: [AtkinBoats] Eric Junior

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2004
      Welcome aboard Tilikum. I met you a few years ago during the Wooden Boat
      Festival, when my little green sailing skiff, Pickle, was moored right in
      front of Snookwis in the Undesirable section of the boat basin.

      I wasn't aware that any fiberglass Eric, Jrs. were made, is it a production
      boat or a one-off? Will you still be able to show your face around Port
      Townsend now that you own a plastic boat? ;o) There's been an Eric, Jr.
      displayed at the Wooden Boat Festival in recent years, though I don't recall
      seeing it last year. The Wooden Boat Foundation may be able to put you in
      touch with the owner. He seemed to like it real well. Good luck with your
      project! You'll end up with a nice boat. Despite the name, Eric Jr. isn't
      much like Eric, it's quite a bit svelter and should be a better all-around
      boat, if not quite so good for survival in extreme conditions.

      Tilikum's other boat is an interesting one, and the folks here may enjoy
      taking a look at it, even though it's not an Atkin boat. It's a Canadian
      Indian dugout, much modified:

      http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2001/Snookum-2.jpg

      http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2001/Snookum-1.jpg

      http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2001/Snookum-5.jpg

      http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2001/Snookum-4.jpg

      http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/Snookwis-1.jpg

      On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:38:30 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
      > Hi, I'm new to this group and curious if any of the
      > members own an Eric Junior, I have one, fiberglass,
      > in need of repair. Am trying to perservere and to see
      > the light at the end off all of the work involved and
      > would love be inspired by any stories anyone has in
      > regards to experience with Eric Jr.'s Thanks, Tilikum....

      A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought.
      <Lord Peter Wimsey>
    • ptrlaidlaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 26, 2004
        Hi - I am restoring a 25' Eric Jnr built in Hobart Tasmania in
        1949. It is good to see some photos of other Atkins boats.
        Beautiful double enders. Will post a photo as soon as I have worked
        out how to.

        Peter Laidlaw, Franklin, Tasmania