RE: [AtkinBoats] Re:Woodenboat design challange

  • Alan Boman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2008
      It's not so much a technology breakthrough that is required as a price
      breakthrough!

      Lithium-Ion batteries are already pretty good and there are many more exotic
      combinations coming along (Silver/Air etc), but until they can be made for
      the price of the old lead acid accumulator, they are not viable.

      Same with solar cells for that matter, although they are really inefficient
      you could live with that, if they weren't so expensive !

      Alan