It is funny how things get started

  • calfee20
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2008
      I took my vacation in mid July because things were slow and when I got
      back they laid me off. Well with being off in the summer, a new
      experience for me, I started going quahoging at the end of the farm
      like I did when I was a kid 50 years ago. I had forgotten how
      beautiful it is around here and I decided I needed a small boat.

      My sister has been kayaking but I was thinking an Adirondack Guide
      boat or a canoe would suit me better. I happened to mention wood
      strip canoes at the gun club and one of the guys had built one. One
      thing led to another and he gave me a set of plans to look at for a
      sport boat by Robb White. I went to Robb's web site and the next thing
      you know I am reading about his Rescue Minor.

      All I have been doing for the past weeks is research into one of these
      boats. I got a copy of Robb,s article in Wooden boat through the
      library and it was a good read. I have also read every post that he
      made in this group and almost every one with either Rescue Minor or
      Shoals Runner in the text. The plan now is to build the Sport Boat
      this winter and if it goes well try the inboard next.

      This is a great group and I have enjoyed reading all the posts and if
      you don't mind some thoughts from a different point of view I may have
      some Ideas for a different transmission. Post to follow immediately.

      thanks Tom C.