Re: [AtkinBoats] Re:Russell R

  • huttbldr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 6, 2008
      she has a 18hp tohatsu 4 stroke under the rear hatch. I only have 14 hours
      on the motor as Im still learning how she handles.

    • adharvey2
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 6, 2008
        Great job, Jeff! It's great to see those really unique designs come to
        life in pictures, and especially helpful to those contemplating
        similar designs. Now I have a better idea of how "Little Effort" might
        look in 3D.

        I love all the bright work you put on her - especially the foredeck.

        Andrew Harvey

        -- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Hutter" <huttbldr@...> wrote:

        > You can see the photos under "On The Job II"

      • waltbald
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 9, 2008
          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Hutter" <huttbldr@...> wrote:

          > You can see the photos under "On The Job II"

          Fabulous boat! Of course now people are going to take you for some old
          money type. They'll be trying to remember you from Yale and wanting
          you to pitch in a few mil for their margin call and asking you where
          to put what's left of their money.

          have fun,

          Walter Owens
        • David
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 19, 2008
            Damfine Job.

            Cheers,
            David G

            *************

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 19, 2008
              Thank you, building her has been one of the most fascinating things I've
              ever done.

            • uncleralph123
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 12, 2009
                --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, huttbldr@... wrote:

                > she has a 18hp tohatsu 4 stroke under the rear hatch. I only have 14
                hours
                > on the motor as Im still learning how she handles.

                Beautiful job. Do you have an update on its performance?

                Ralph
              • huttbldr@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 12, 2009
                  She handles better than I thought she would. Wen't thru 2 foot wake like a
                  hot knife thru butter. Having a problem with the motor right now. I was
                  charging the battries when the motor started smokeing. I't melted the oil cap. The
                  motor did'nt seem to overheat. It looks like the cap melted from the inside.

                  In a message dated 2/12/2009 10:31:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                  UncleRalph@... writes:

                  --- In _AtkinBoats@yahoogroAtkinBo_ (mailto:AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com) ,
                  huttbldr@... wrote:

                  > she has a 18hp tohatsu 4 stroke under the rear hatch. I only have 14
                  hours
                  > on the motor as I'm still learning how she handles.

                  Beautiful job. Do you have an update on its performance?

                  Ralph

                  now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)

                • huttbldr
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 14, 2015
                    On the job II is for sale. As seen in Wooden Boat magazine May/June 2012 #226. If anybody is interested. She's in excellent condition.