Re:Russell R

  • F. Neil Simms
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
      Stunning! Can you give us a report on how you powered her, and
      performance achieved, especially max speed, cruise speed, and fuel
      consumption?

      Congrats!

      Neil S.
    • huttbldr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
        she has a 18hp tohatsu 4 stroke under the rear hatch. I only have 14 hours
        on the motor as Im still learning how she handles.

      • adharvey2
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
          Great job, Jeff! It's great to see those really unique designs come to
          life in pictures, and especially helpful to those contemplating
          similar designs. Now I have a better idea of how "Little Effort" might
          look in 3D.

          I love all the bright work you put on her - especially the foredeck.

          Andrew Harvey

          -- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Hutter" <huttbldr@...> wrote:

          > You can see the photos under "On The Job II"

        • waltbald
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2008
            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Hutter" <huttbldr@...> wrote:

            > You can see the photos under "On The Job II"

            Fabulous boat! Of course now people are going to take you for some old
            money type. They'll be trying to remember you from Yale and wanting
            you to pitch in a few mil for their margin call and asking you where
            to put what's left of their money.

            have fun,

            Walter Owens
          • David
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
              Damfine Job.

              Cheers,
              David G

              *************

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
                Thank you, building her has been one of the most fascinating things I've
                ever done.

              • uncleralph123
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 12, 2009
                  --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, huttbldr@... wrote:

                  > she has a 18hp tohatsu 4 stroke under the rear hatch. I only have 14
                  hours
                  > on the motor as Im still learning how she handles.

                  Beautiful job. Do you have an update on its performance?

                  Ralph
                • huttbldr@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 12, 2009
                    She handles better than I thought she would. Wen't thru 2 foot wake like a
                    hot knife thru butter. Having a problem with the motor right now. I was
                    charging the battries when the motor started smokeing. I't melted the oil cap. The
                    motor did'nt seem to overheat. It looks like the cap melted from the inside.

                    In a message dated 2/12/2009 10:31:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                    UncleRalph@... writes:

                    --- In _AtkinBoats@yahoogroAtkinBo_ (mailto:AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com) ,

                    now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)