Russell R

  • Jeff Hutter
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 5, 2008
      You can see the photos under "On The Job II"
    • F. Neil Simms
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
        Stunning! Can you give us a report on how you powered her, and
        performance achieved, especially max speed, cruise speed, and fuel
        consumption?

        Congrats!

        Neil S.
      • huttbldr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
          she has a 18hp tohatsu 4 stroke under the rear hatch. I only have 14 hours
          on the motor as Im still learning how she handles.

        • adharvey2
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 6, 2008
            Great job, Jeff! It's great to see those really unique designs come to
            life in pictures, and especially helpful to those contemplating
            similar designs. Now I have a better idea of how "Little Effort" might
            look in 3D.

            I love all the bright work you put on her - especially the foredeck.

            Andrew Harvey

            -- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Hutter" <huttbldr@...> wrote:

            > You can see the photos under "On The Job II"

          • waltbald
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 9, 2008
              --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Hutter" <huttbldr@...> wrote:

              > You can see the photos under "On The Job II"

              Fabulous boat! Of course now people are going to take you for some old
              money type. They'll be trying to remember you from Yale and wanting
              you to pitch in a few mil for their margin call and asking you where
              to put what's left of their money.

              have fun,

              Walter Owens
            • David
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
                Damfine Job.

                Cheers,
                David G

                *************

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 19, 2008
                  Thank you, building her has been one of the most fascinating things I've
                  ever done.

                • uncleralph123
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 12, 2009
                    --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, huttbldr@... wrote:

                    > she has a 18hp tohatsu 4 stroke under the rear hatch. I only have 14
                    hours
                    > on the motor as Im still learning how she handles.

                    Beautiful job. Do you have an update on its performance?

                    Ralph
                  • huttbldr@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 12, 2009
                      She handles better than I thought she would. Wen't thru 2 foot wake like a
                      hot knife thru butter. Having a problem with the motor right now. I was
                      charging the battries when the motor started smokeing. I't melted the oil cap. The
                      motor did'nt seem to overheat. It looks like the cap melted from the inside.

                      In a message dated 2/12/2009 10:31:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                      UncleRalph@... writes:

                      --- In _AtkinBoats@yahoogroAtkinBo_ (mailto:AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com) ,

                      now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)