Russell R Plan Come To Life

  • Jeff Hutter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2008
      After six months of figuring out what a chine was, and 2-1/2 years of
      building my boat from the Russell R plans, we celebrated the launch of
      the On the Job II on July 28, 2008 in Newport Beach. This is the first
      boat I've ever built after spending years building and remodeling
      homes. Having built walls with square corners, this was especially
      challenging, consuming my brain at all hours and testing my woodworking
      skills at every new curve. It was a pleasure to meet Pat Atkins at the
      Mystic Boat Show in June and to thank her personally for keeping the
      Atkins plans available to those crazy enough to build their own boats.
      Now, when my clients call me and I'm on the boat, I can respond
      with, "Yes, I'm On the Job!"