Pequot

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20 3:29 PM
      Thanks for the comments about Pequot. As Pat has advised details of
      Pequot are contained in the book mentioned which is an excellent read.
      I have now posted up the latest photo of Pequot on this site.
      Unfortunately during the latest Fun Race the usual on the water
      photographer wasn't present and only a few images were taken from a
      small aeroplane overhead. Most of these images are the same. I have now
      worked out how to reduce the size of images so I can download them
      easily via the web and will try to find some more for the site.
      Maybe I am biassed but Pequot is a beautiful looking boat under sail or
      even on the mooring and everyone who sees her loves her. She just looks
      right - more than you can say about many other boats on the water.
      My wife and I sail her together (and we are on the downhill side of 60
      years of age) and she is easy to handle, never felt concerned about
      Pequot and we usually cruise around the Whitsundays for up to two weeks
      at a time.
      Best wishes to you all.
    • davy riggs
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20 7:27 PM
        Hi, Peter!

        I've never really looked at that part of Australia
        before. The Whitsundays look like marvelous sailing
        waters there. I'll bet it doesn't freeze in very
        often ;-)

        Thanks much for the info! I haven't read Of Yachts
        and Men in probably forty years- I'm getting a copy
        from Amazon right away, because I can't for the life
        of me remember that boat!

        Dave

        --- Peter <peter_curwell@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the comments about Pequot. As Pat has
        > advised details of
        > Pequot are contained in the book mentioned which is
        > an excellent read.
        > I have now posted up the latest photo of Pequot on
        > this site.
        > Unfortunately during the latest Fun Race the usual
        > on the water
        > photographer wasn't present and only a few images
        > were taken from a
        > small aeroplane overhead. Most of these images are
        > the same. I have now
        > worked out how to reduce the size of images so I can
        > download them
        > easily via the web and will try to find some more
        > for the site.
        > Maybe I am biassed but Pequot is a beautiful looking
        > boat under sail or
        > even on the mooring and everyone who sees her loves
        > her. She just looks
        > right - more than you can say about many other boats
        > on the water.
        > My wife and I sail her together (and we are on the
        > downhill side of 60
        > years of age) and she is easy to handle, never felt
        > concerned about
        > Pequot and we usually cruise around the Whitsundays
        > for up to two weeks
        > at a time.
        > Best wishes to you all.

        I have given two cousins to war and I stand ready to sacrifice my wife's brother. -Artemus Ward
      • Peter
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 28, 2009
          I have added another good photo of Pequot sailing in the Whitsunday's
          in winter.
          With all the troubles in the world we need such photos!!
          Best wishes
          Peter
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
            Where's you put the photo, Peter?

            On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:00:17 -0800, Peter wrote:

            > I have added another good photo of Pequot sailing in the Whitsunday's
            > in winter.
            > With all the troubles in the world we need such photos!!
            > Best wishes

            Any doctrine that will not bear investigation is not a fit
            tenant for the mind of an honest man. <Robert G. Ingersoll>
          • Peter
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 29, 2010
              I have added another three photos of Pequot taken during our winter!!
              Still enjoying sailing Pequot and as the design is approaching 85 years of age - (and I am nearly catching up) still brings comments of appreciation and wouldn't change her for a modern type yacht!! Best wishes to all
            • gavin atkin
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2010
                Isn't she just gorgeous! You're a lucky man!

                Gav (no known relation)