Real Marine Engine

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2004
      Here's an outfit that still makes a real, low speed, gasoline marine engine!
      Too bad they're way down there in the antipodes...

      http://www.olds.com.au/marine/marine_engine_type_h.html

      One of these would be just the thing for one of the low-powered Atkin boats.

      As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
      <Joshua Slocum>
    • Hugo Tyson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2004
        Yes indeed,

        This would be an ideal sort of engine for a couple of boats that I dream about building someday. Thanks for bringing these engines to our attention.

        I'm lucky that I live in Australia , though I suppose freight from Queensland to Tasmania may be a bit expensive as thats a few thousand kilometers away and Bass straight has to be crossed and that always adds to the expense!!

        Hugo Tyson, Tasmania, Australia.

        jkohnen@... wrote:
        Here's an outfit that still makes a real, low speed, gasoline marine engine!
        Too bad they're way down there in the antipodes...

        http://www.olds.com.au/marine/marine_engine_type_h.html

        One of these would be just the thing for one of the low-powered Atkin boats.

        As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
        <Joshua Slocum>

        No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at
        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT