Re: Ninigret Cabin

  • Jeff Ward
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2008
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "kgumby30" <kgumby30@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone tell me what materials are used to build the Ninigrets'
      > cabin? I have a 26' Bartender and would like to put the Ninigrets'
      > cabin on it. Is the front windshield Laminated ash or plywood?
      > Kevin

      Hi Kevin:
      I own a Ninigret built by Tony Bries in 1999(Freedom Boatworks,
      Baraboo, WI. He used both solid oak and mahogany for the cabin front
      and sides; mine has the latter. The top canvas support ribs appear to
      be either laminated or seam-bent mahagony that attach via copper tabs
      (on bottom of ribs) into slots in the side panels.

      You can see the construction details using this link.
      http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?
      t=69647&highlight=ninigret

      Best regards,
      Jeff