Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Lady of the Lake Sternwheeler

  • davy riggs
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
      I third it!

      My own fantasy runs toward "River Rat": a little
      smaller, yes, but I love the idea of my house having
      the ability to up anchor and make 17mph! If only the
      one I'm sitting in now could do that!

      Dave

      --- Greg DeCowsky <svdriftwood@...> wrote:

      > I'll second the idea for that thread. I have long
      > had a fantasy of building LotL as a houseboat for
      > retirement (if not before) and for leisurely (!)
      > cruising of the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays.
      >
      > Greg DeCowsky

      I have given two cousins to war and I stand ready to sacrifice my wife's brother. -Artemus Ward
    • Bryan Lowe
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
        I've thought of Lady of the Lake for quite some time, but was
        concerned that the plans were not based on plywood. As this is an
        Atkin site, I am not sure it is appropriate to say, but I've partially
        finished a set of plans for a sternwheeler inspired by Lady. I can
        discuss it in the Shantyboat group if anyone is interested.

        Bryan
      • davy riggs
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
          But I'll have a wheel of fortune and a faro table on
          mine!