Ninigret Cabin

  • kgumby30
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
      Can anyone tell me what materials are used to build the Ninigrets'
      cabin? I have a 26' Bartender and would like to put the Ninigrets'
      cabin on it. Is the front windshield Laminated ash or plywood?
      Kevin
    • Jeff Ward
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2008
        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "kgumby30" <kgumby30@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me what materials are used to build the Ninigrets'
        > cabin? I have a 26' Bartender and would like to put the Ninigrets'
        > cabin on it. Is the front windshield Laminated ash or plywood?
        > Kevin

        Hi Kevin:
        I own a Ninigret built by Tony Bries in 1999(Freedom Boatworks,
        Baraboo, WI. He used both solid oak and mahogany for the cabin front
        and sides; mine has the latter. The top canvas support ribs appear to
        be either laminated or seam-bent mahagony that attach via copper tabs
        (on bottom of ribs) into slots in the side panels.

        You can see the construction details using this link.
        http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?
        t=69647&highlight=ninigret

        Best regards,
        Jeff