Re: [AtkinBoats] Re:Howdy, Shipmates!

  • Giuliano Girometta
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 8, 2008
      In 2005 with hurricane RITA I lost my home and my business, the only think that survived was my boat. She was parked on the trailer under a light aluminum cover. Several threes fell down damaging everything, but the shelter with the boat was spared and protected by several three tops with small soft limbs and branches that created a safe barrier to preserve the boat without a single scratch.
      My friend 36' yacht was found one month later about five miles away across the border in Louisiana on dry land. (The dock was still attached to the boat with the mooring lines).

      Giuliano.

      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 9, 2008
        Hi Dave,

        There are several "tunnel-stern Seabright skiffs" on the
        Atkin website. Most are on the 'inboard utilities' pages.

        The tunnel-stern versions are semi-displacement boats
        designed for very shallow water and top speeds of about
        15-17 mph. The most recent and therefore theoretically the
        best performing is Shoals Runner, not Rescue Minor.

        There are also several NON-tunnel-stern versions (my
        favorite at the moment is Sallie Hyde) ... so you'll have
        to be very careful when researching them to avoid getting
        these two lines mixed up.

        There's no need to deal with the complication of
        tunnel-stern construction if all you're after is
        displacement speeds. In this case you may be better off
        with a non-tunnel-stern Seabright skiff.

        Sincerely,
        Ken Grome
        Bagacay Boatworks
        www.bagacayboatworks.com