Re: Howdy, Shipmates!

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 7, 2008
      Dave
      Not really a skipjack, but a skipjack hull type. I belive Rabl gave
      two options with that boat, one with deadrise forward and one without.
      Mike
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "titanicslim" <titanicslim@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Eugene Dixon"
      > <edalmatiandixon@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi Dave. If you can get ahold of Sam Rabl's "Boatbuilfing in
      your
      > > own backyard" He goes into detail of type construction your
      > > interested in, including the staving and alternative to it. dont
      > > have scan abilty at this time or would forward to you. Boat name'
      > > in book is Kitywake' Have seen book advertised on Amazon'
      > > Eugene
      >
      > Huh. And I used to own that book! I can't remember a Skipjack
      plan
      > but that could be due to the bad case of tunnel vision I've always
      > had. (I wasn't specifically looking for one... ) "Kittywake" does
      > have a familiar ring... maybe it's in one of the 20 Boats books.
      I'll
      > check.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Dave

    • Kenneth Grome
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 9, 2008
        Hi Dave,

        There are several "tunnel-stern Seabright skiffs" on the
        Atkin website. Most are on the 'inboard utilities' pages.

        The tunnel-stern versions are semi-displacement boats
        designed for very shallow water and top speeds of about
        15-17 mph. The most recent and therefore theoretically the
        best performing is Shoals Runner, not Rescue Minor.

        There are also several NON-tunnel-stern versions (my
        favorite at the moment is Sallie Hyde) ... so you'll have
        to be very careful when researching them to avoid getting
        these two lines mixed up.

        There's no need to deal with the complication of
        tunnel-stern construction if all you're after is
        displacement speeds. In this case you may be better off
        with a non-tunnel-stern Seabright skiff.

        Sincerely,
        Ken Grome
        Bagacay Boatworks
        www.bagacayboatworks.com