Re: [AtkinBoats] Re:Howdy, Shipmates!

  • Giuliano Girometta
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 7, 2008
      "Unsanctioned" is an Atkin 22' plywood powerboat.
      I just received the plans today from Pat.
      Strange case, I pick a plywood boat and I want to convert her to cedar strip planking.
      Ansious to start working but, after last week evaquation for Gustav, now we may have to pack and go again because of hurricane Ike.

      Giuliano in S.E. Texas

      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 9, 2008
        Hi Dave,

        There are several "tunnel-stern Seabright skiffs" on the
        Atkin website. Most are on the 'inboard utilities' pages.

        The tunnel-stern versions are semi-displacement boats
        designed for very shallow water and top speeds of about
        15-17 mph. The most recent and therefore theoretically the
        best performing is Shoals Runner, not Rescue Minor.

        There are also several NON-tunnel-stern versions (my
        favorite at the moment is Sallie Hyde) ... so you'll have
        to be very careful when researching them to avoid getting
        these two lines mixed up.

        There's no need to deal with the complication of
        tunnel-stern construction if all you're after is
        displacement speeds. In this case you may be better off
        with a non-tunnel-stern Seabright skiff.

        Sincerely,
        Ken Grome
        Bagacay Boatworks
        www.bagacayboatworks.com