Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: rescue minor prop shaft

  • Clifford Benshoof
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
      Thanks for the thoughtful reply.
      I'll continue on as the plans indicate.
      I did have a prop supplier suggest a 12 inch prop, 13 pitch, based on the
      size of the boat but that would mean creating a larger, taller, tunnel to
      give the prop the clearance it needs.
      My thought is that the wake may not fill the cavity if increased, causing
      other problems.
      Atkins attention to detail again causes me reluctance to change that
      demension.
      Thanks again.
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2008
        Don't change the tunnel!

        On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 00:12:31 -0700, Clifford wrote:

        > Thanks for the thoughtful reply.
        > I'll continue on as the plans indicate.
        > I did have a prop supplier suggest a 12 inch prop, 13 pitch, based on the
        > size of the boat but that would mean creating a larger, taller, tunnel to
        > give the prop the clearance it needs.

        The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.
        <John Barrymore>