Re: [AtkinBoats] Restoring a vintage wooden boat

    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 30, 2008
      You're in luck! There are lots of people around Port Townsend who know
      about wooden boats. Where is your boat? Maybe I can stop and look at it
      when I'm up that way next week for the Festival.

      On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:39:08 -0700, Archie wrote:

      > Thanks for the information. We are located near Port Townsend Washington
      > and are looking for someone that can help.

      What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long
      stretch of smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? <Billy Atkin>
    • Archie
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 30, 2008
        That would be great. We plan to go to the festival our self.
        We are located at 1488 Shine Road, Port Ludlow. If you come by way of the Hood Canal floating bridge, you would take the first left turn after crossing the bridge. We are about 1.5 miles down that road on the south side of the road. My cell phone number is 425-218-4111

        Arch E. Van Belle

        You're in luck! There are lots of people around Port Townsend who know
        about wooden boats. Where is your boat? Maybe I can stop and look at it
        when I'm up that way next week for the Festival.

        On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:39:08 -0700, Archie wrote:

        > Thanks for the information. We are located near Port Townsend Washington
        > and are looking for someone that can help.

        What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long
        stretch of smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? <Billy Atkin>

        ------------------------------------

        If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the plans. If you
        stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no
        responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 2, 2008
          I won't be going near no floating bridge if I can help it! <g> The drive
          down the west side of Hood Canal is much nicer, and more relaxing after
          all the freeway from Oregon to Shelton. But I'll plan to stop by your
          place either on the way to PT tomorrow, or on the way home Monday.

          I'm going to have my odd little camp cruiser on display. All Atkin boat
          nuts are invited to stop by and BS about boats.

          http://tinyurl.com/67z4cj

          A bunch of unconventional boat nuts meet at the Otter Crossing for brunch
          Saturday at 10:00. If you're of a Coot-like disposition you're invited to
          join us.

          Should be a good show this year. The weather sounds like it's gonna be
          perfect -- sunny but not too warm. :o)

          On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 07:59:52 -0700, Archie wrote:

          > That would be great. We plan to go to the festival our self.
          > We are located at 1488 Shine Road, Port Ludlow. If you come by way of
          > the Hood Canal floating bridge, you would take the first left turn after
          > crossing the bridge. We are about 1.5 miles down that road on the south
          > side of the road. My cell phone number is 425-218-4111

          Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet
          two conditions: 1. He is a Greek; 2. He is a Fisherman <Roy
          Blount Jr.>
        • Archie
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 2, 2008
            I will be here tomorrow and will be working on the boat. I will be out of town on Monday so I hope you can make it tomorrow. If not, I will look for you at the Festival on Friday.

            Arch E. Van Belle