Oregon Wooden Boat Shows

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2008
      The Port of Toledo Wooden Boat Show is coming up next weekend, August 23 &
      24, though a lot of the exhibitors show up on Friday afternoon. This is a
      real nice show in the small mill town of Toledo, Oregon, about ten miles
      up the Yaquina River from Newport. There's free primitive camping for
      exhibitors, food, music, vendors, races (including the World & Pan
      Galactic Puddle Duck Racer championship), boats in the water (usually some
      commercial fishing boats in the mix) and on dry land, boatbuilding demos
      and I don't know what all. Depoe Bay and Toledo are in a spirited
      competition to see who can put on the _nicest_ boat show, so you don't
      want to miss this one!

      http://tinyurl.com/6f392j

      This coming weekend, on the 16th is the Eugene Yacht Club Wooden Boat
      Exhibition. This show is a mere upstart, but the Yacht Club is a great
      place to hang out on a hot day and Fern Ridge reservoir is the best
      sailing lake in Oregon. The Yacht Club treated us real nice last year and
      this show looks like it's gonna become one of the high spots in our
      boating calendar. A lot of the exhibitors will be showing up Friday
      afternoon. The YC provides free camping for exhibitors and has two launch
      ramps :

      http://tinyurl.com/68hnd3

      I hope I see you at one or the other, or better yet both!

      Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in light so dim he
      would not have chosen a suit by it. <Maurice Chevalier>