Re: [AtkinBoats] Bridget

  • Aquiles Rösner
    Message 1 of 8 , May 25 2:33 AM
      Congratulations! Some months ago I have seen this boat in a advertice.
      I am shure, that this double ender is of the type Ingrid. On
      atkinboatplans.com there are the complet plans of this boat. I bought
      the plans to construct this boat.
      My best wishes to you and that Bridget feel the water as soon as
      posible.
      Aquiles

      Am Sonntag, den 25.05.2008, 01:04 +0000 schrieb archevanbelle:
      > We bought a 1935 Atkins boat, named Bridget, on ebay. See it at >
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      > ViewItem&item=270237263077#description
      > We were wondering if there is any information on this boat and if
      > there
      > are any plans for it.

    • Tom Hesselink
      Message 2 of 8 , May 25 9:28 AM
        I would asy the boat is closer to "Fram". Fantastic buy and best
        wishes getting such a classic back in operation. Tom

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Aquiles Rösner <aquiles.roesner@...>
        wrote:

        > Congratulations! Some months ago I have seen this boat in a advertice.
        > I am shure, that this double ender is of the type Ingrid. On
        > atkinboatplans.com there are the complet plans of this boat. I bought
        > the plans to construct this boat.
        > My best wishes to you and that Bridget feel the water as soon as
        > posible.
        > Aquiles

      • Dane Friend
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 28, 2008
          Hi Aquiles.

          Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.

          Greetings

          Jorgen Norlev, Denmark

          ________________________________
          Congratulations! Some months ago I have seen this boat in a advertice.
          I am shure, that this double ender is of the type Ingrid. On
          atkinboatplans. com there are the complet plans of this boat. I bought
          the plans to construct this boat.
          My best wishes to you and that Bridget feel the water as soon as
          posible.
          Aquiles

          Am Sonntag, den 25.05.2008, 01:04 +0000 schrieb archevanbelle:
          > We bought a 1935 Atkins boat, named Bridget, on ebay. See it at >
          > http://cgi.ebay com/ebaymotors/ ws/eBayISAPI. dll?
          > ViewItem&item= 270237263077# description
          > We were wondering if there is any information on this boat and if
          > there
          > are any plans for it.

        • Aquiles Rösner
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
            Hello Jorgen,
            I live in Hiddenhausen, between Hannover and Bielefeld.
            Some of the big parts - lofting, laminated stem, stern and some knees
            ar finished. I will begin the keel now and then I must prepaire the
            construction place for the assenblage. Tel 0049-5221-65737
            It would be a pleasure if you stay here
            Greetings
            Aquiles

            Am Sonntag, den 28.12.2008, 13:08 +0000 schrieb Dane Friend:
            > Hi Aquiles.
            >
            > Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are
            > you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I
            > bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre
            > glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.
            >
            > Greetings
            >
            > Jorgen Norlev, Denmark
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Archie
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
              We are working full speed on "Bridget". It looks like it is going to take two years to complete at the rate we are going.
              Since we bought it we have learned that it, most likely, started with the Ingrid plans which were modified at the original construction and later on was modified somemore in subsequent re-models.
              It's good to hear from the other side of the world. I was born in Ridderkerk, Holland and now live near Seattle, Washington, USA

              Arch E. Van Belle

              I live in Hiddenhausen, between Hannover and Bielefeld.
              Some of the big parts - lofting, laminated stem, stern and some knees
              ar finished. I will begin the keel now and then I must prepaire the
              construction place for the assenblage. Tel 0049-5221-65737
              It would be a pleasure if you stay here
              Greetings
              Aquiles

              Am Sonntag, den 28.12.2008, 13:08 +0000 schrieb Dane Friend:
              > Hi Aquiles.
              >
              > Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are
              > you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I
              > bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre
              > glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.
              >
              > Greetings
              >
              > Jorgen Norlev, Denmark
              >
              > ____________ _________ _________ __

            • Dane Friend
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
                Hi Aquiles.

                Definetely I will pass by one day. It is a big task you have entered into. Originally I tried to be educated as a boat builder almost 30 years ago but it was too late in Denamrk at that time. Are you a prefesionnal your self related to wood and carpentry or just a happy amateur :-)

                See you one day. here is a foto of my boat

                Regards

                Jorgen

                ________________________________
                I live in Hiddenhausen, between Hannover and Bielefeld.
                Some of the big parts - lofting, laminated stem, stern and some knees
                ar finished. I will begin the keel now and then I must prepaire the
                construction place for the assenblage. Tel 0049-5221-65737
                It would be a pleasure if you stay here
                Greetings
                Aquiles

                Am Sonntag, den 28.12.2008, 13:08 +0000 schrieb Dane Friend:
                > Hi Aquiles.
                >
                > Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are
                > you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I
                > bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre
                > glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.
                >
                > Greetings
                >
                > Jorgen Norlev, Denmark

              • Dane Friend
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
                  Good luck Arch with your Bridget. When ever you like please come to Denmark. Wonderfull cruising around here :-)

                  Jorgen