Bridget

  • archevanbelle
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24, 2008
      We bought a 1935 Atkins boat, named Bridget, on ebay. See it at >
      ViewItem&item=270237263077#description
      We were wondering if there is any information on this boat and if there
      are any plans for it.
    • Aquiles Rösner
      Message 2 of 8 , May 25, 2008
        Congratulations! Some months ago I have seen this boat in a advertice.
        I am shure, that this double ender is of the type Ingrid. On
        atkinboatplans.com there are the complet plans of this boat. I bought
        the plans to construct this boat.
        My best wishes to you and that Bridget feel the water as soon as
        posible.
        Aquiles

        Am Sonntag, den 25.05.2008, 01:04 +0000 schrieb archevanbelle:
        > We bought a 1935 Atkins boat, named Bridget, on ebay. See it at >
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        > ViewItem&item=270237263077#description
        > We were wondering if there is any information on this boat and if
        > there
        > are any plans for it.

      • Tom Hesselink
        Message 3 of 8 , May 25, 2008
          I would asy the boat is closer to "Fram". Fantastic buy and best
          wishes getting such a classic back in operation. Tom

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Aquiles Rösner <aquiles.roesner@...>
          wrote:

          > Congratulations! Some months ago I have seen this boat in a advertice.
          > I am shure, that this double ender is of the type Ingrid. On
          > atkinboatplans.com there are the complet plans of this boat. I bought
          > the plans to construct this boat.
          > My best wishes to you and that Bridget feel the water as soon as
          > posible.
          > Aquiles

        • Dane Friend
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 28, 2008
            Hi Aquiles.

            Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.

            Greetings

            Jorgen Norlev, Denmark

            ________________________________
            Congratulations! Some months ago I have seen this boat in a advertice.
            I am shure, that this double ender is of the type Ingrid. On
            atkinboatplans. com there are the complet plans of this boat. I bought
            the plans to construct this boat.
            My best wishes to you and that Bridget feel the water as soon as
            posible.
            Aquiles

            Am Sonntag, den 25.05.2008, 01:04 +0000 schrieb archevanbelle:
            > We bought a 1935 Atkins boat, named Bridget, on ebay. See it at >
            > http://cgi.ebay com/ebaymotors/ ws/eBayISAPI. dll?
            > ViewItem&item= 270237263077# description
            > We were wondering if there is any information on this boat and if
            > there
            > are any plans for it.

          • Aquiles Rösner
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
              Hello Jorgen,
              I live in Hiddenhausen, between Hannover and Bielefeld.
              Some of the big parts - lofting, laminated stem, stern and some knees
              ar finished. I will begin the keel now and then I must prepaire the
              construction place for the assenblage. Tel 0049-5221-65737
              It would be a pleasure if you stay here
              Greetings
              Aquiles

              Am Sonntag, den 28.12.2008, 13:08 +0000 schrieb Dane Friend:
              > Hi Aquiles.
              >
              > Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are
              > you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I
              > bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre
              > glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.
              >
              > Greetings
              >
              > Jorgen Norlev, Denmark
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Archie
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
                We are working full speed on "Bridget". It looks like it is going to take two years to complete at the rate we are going.
                Since we bought it we have learned that it, most likely, started with the Ingrid plans which were modified at the original construction and later on was modified somemore in subsequent re-models.
                It's good to hear from the other side of the world. I was born in Ridderkerk, Holland and now live near Seattle, Washington, USA

                Arch E. Van Belle

                I live in Hiddenhausen, between Hannover and Bielefeld.
                Some of the big parts - lofting, laminated stem, stern and some knees
                ar finished. I will begin the keel now and then I must prepaire the
                construction place for the assenblage. Tel 0049-5221-65737
                It would be a pleasure if you stay here
                Greetings
                Aquiles

                Am Sonntag, den 28.12.2008, 13:08 +0000 schrieb Dane Friend:
                > Hi Aquiles.
                >
                > Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are
                > you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I
                > bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre
                > glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.
                >
                > Greetings
                >
                > Jorgen Norlev, Denmark
                >
                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • Dane Friend
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
                  Hi Aquiles.

                  Definetely I will pass by one day. It is a big task you have entered into. Originally I tried to be educated as a boat builder almost 30 years ago but it was too late in Denamrk at that time. Are you a prefesionnal your self related to wood and carpentry or just a happy amateur :-)

                  See you one day. here is a foto of my boat

                  Regards

                  Jorgen

                  ________________________________
                  I live in Hiddenhausen, between Hannover and Bielefeld.
                  Some of the big parts - lofting, laminated stem, stern and some knees
                  ar finished. I will begin the keel now and then I must prepaire the
                  construction place for the assenblage. Tel 0049-5221-65737
                  It would be a pleasure if you stay here
                  Greetings
                  Aquiles

                  Am Sonntag, den 28.12.2008, 13:08 +0000 schrieb Dane Friend:
                  > Hi Aquiles.
                  >
                  > Are you really building an Ingrid boat yourself? Where in Germany are
                  > you living. I live in Århus 200 km north of the German border and I
                  > bought an Ingrid in US last year. Yeah yeah - I know - only fibre
                  > glass. But I would like to see your boat one day.
                  >
                  > Greetings
                  >
                  > Jorgen Norlev, Denmark

                • Dane Friend
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
                    Good luck Arch with your Bridget. When ever you like please come to Denmark. Wonderfull cruising around here :-)

                    Jorgen