Re: [AtkinBoats] Mr. Simms and Navarana

  • Michael Walther
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2008
      Hi Mike, I've looked at the site & of those you've mentioned and unless the pix were changed after your email, I have to tell you that you are mistaken. Styling of the era & bottoms match the description perfectly.
      Thanks, Mike

      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2008
        Check out the shape of the transoms; It may not be the Navarana but it's not Mr. Simms either.

        Mike Dolph

        Hi Mike, I've looked at the site & of those you've mentioned and unless the pix were changed after your email, I have to tell you that you are mistaken. Styling of the era & bottoms match the description perfectly.
        Thanks, Mike

        > I think you have placed pictures of Navarana as pictures of
        > Mr. Simms
        > by accident John. Have a look for yourself.
        >
        > Mike Dolph
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery.
        > Please be polite.
        >
        > If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify
        > the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own
        > risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the
        > performance of the resulting boat.

        > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Michael Walther
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2008
          Hi Mike, The transoms were also considered when I studied them. The faster boat's bottom & transom was nearly flat indicating speed and may have wanted a harder chines so in that respect you could be right. At this point ya need the original designs to know for sure. Hope we shall see.
          Thanks, Mike