Mr. Simms and Navarana

  • Mike Dolph
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2008
      I think you have placed pictures of Navarana as pictures of Mr. Simms
      by accident John. Have a look for yourself.

      Mike Dolph
    • Michael Walther
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2008
        Hi Mike, I've looked at the site & of those you've mentioned and unless the pix were changed after your email, I have to tell you that you are mistaken. Styling of the era & bottoms match the description perfectly.
        Thanks, Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2008
          Check out the shape of the transoms; It may not be the Navarana but it's not Mr. Simms either.

          Mike Dolph

          Hi Mike, I've looked at the site & of those you've mentioned and unless the pix were changed after your email, I have to tell you that you are mistaken. Styling of the era & bottoms match the description perfectly.
          Thanks, Mike

          > I think you have placed pictures of Navarana as pictures of
          > Mr. Simms
          > by accident John. Have a look for yourself.
          >
          > Mike Dolph
          >

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery.
          > Please be polite.
          >
          > If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify
          > the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own
          > risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the
          > performance of the resulting boat.

          > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Michael Walther
          Message 4 of 4 , May 11, 2008
            Hi Mike, The transoms were also considered when I studied them. The faster boat's bottom & transom was nearly flat indicating speed and may have wanted a harder chines so in that respect you could be right. At this point ya need the original designs to know for sure. Hope we shall see.
            Thanks, Mike