Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Festival

    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2008
      Here are some photos I took at the festival at Depoe Bay, Oregon last
      month:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/sets/72157604839150050/

      The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.
      <John Barrymore>

        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2008
          John...thanks for sharing the pictures of the Depoe Bay Woodenboat Festival (didn't know they had one)i lived in Coos Bay, and will be returning in the Fall, so i will be taking my Dolly Vardon to this show, as well as others in Washington/Oregon...i will be sending pictures of the re-build i have been doing, to put my Dolly Vardon back the way she was designed..i have a 4HP Lauson Inboard in her.
          Thanks again, Joaquin O'Mahoney

          John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote: Here are some photos I took at the festival at Depoe Bay, Oregon last

          --
          John
          The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.

          ------------------------------------

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • DirtSailor
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2008
            Joaquin,

            If you make it back in time there is the Toledo Wooden Boat show in Toledo, Oregon, Aug 23-24.

            Dirtsailor

            John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat- links.com> wrote: Here are some photos I took at the festival at Depoe Bay, Oregon last
            month:

            http://www.flickr com/photos/ jkohnen/sets/ 7215760483915005 0/

            --
            John
            The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.

            ------------ --------- --------- ------

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • JOAQUIN OMAHONY
            Message 5 of 9 , May 3, 2008
              thanks a lot, i am glad to hear there are so many more woden boat festivals...when i had my business in Port Orchard, there was nly Olympia and Seattle, Port Townsend and Victoria...i hope to make this date...
              Joaquin

              DirtSailor <dirtsailor2003@...> wrote: Joaquin,

              Message 6 of 9 , May 6, 2008
                And the Eugene Yacht Club Wooden Boat Show August 16, and lots of
                messabouts:

                http://www.coots.org/calendar/

                Depoe Bay and Toledo are the nicest boat shows around!

                On Sat, 03 May 2008 08:43:10 -0700, DirtSailor wrote:

                > If you make it back in time there is the Toledo Wooden Boat show in
                > Toledo, Oregon, Aug 23-24.

                His heart was bound in oak and triple brass who first committed
                a fragile bark to the raging sea... <Horace>
                Message 7 of 9 , May 6, 2008
                  I often get down to the Bay Area. There's always something interesting
                  going on at the Charleston shipyard and down on the docks. I'm sure
                  looking forward to seeing your Dolly Varden in the flesh! Where will you
                  keep her? Is that an air-cooled Lauson?

                  On Sat, 03 May 2008 06:53:55 -0700, Joaquin wrote:

                  > i lived in Coos Bay, and will be returning in the Fall, so i will be
                  > taking my Dolly Vardon to this show, as well as others in
                  > Washington/Oregon...i will be sending pictures of the re-build i have
                  > been doing, to put my Dolly Vardon back the way she was designed..i have
                  > a 4HP Lauson Inboard in her.

                  History is a vast early warning system. <Norman Cousins>
                • JOAQUIN OMAHONY
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 7, 2008
                    Hi John...will keep you informed...The Lauson is a Water Cooled, 4 Cycle, built in 1940...i will keep her in Coos Bay, or Charleston...she is on a trailer.
                    Joaquin

                    John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote: I often get down to the Bay Area. There's always something interesting
                    going on at the Charleston shipyard and down on the docks. I'm sure
                    looking forward to seeing your Dolly Varden in the flesh! Where will you
                    keep her? Is that an air-cooled Lauson?

                    On Sat, 03 May 2008 06:53:55 -0700, Joaquin wrote:

                    > i lived in Coos Bay, and will be returning in the Fall, so i will be
                    > taking my Dolly Vardon to this show, as well as others in
                    > Washington/Oregon...i will be sending pictures of the re-build i have
                    > been doing, to put my Dolly Vardon back the way she was designed..i have
                    > a 4HP Lauson Inboard in her.

                    John