Magpie

  • thomasgallant66
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2008
      Hi folks. First, it is great to find a group of Atkins fans. Second, I
      have been entranced by the magpie design for some years now. Through
      the atkins plan sight I have seen one great photo of a built magpie
      design "Zanana". I would like to find more photos online or be able to
      contact someone with photos of built magpie designs. I have searched
      everywhere I can think of, even joining groups in Australia for info
      on the builder of Zanana, Cecil Mason but to no avail. Do any of you
      fellow enthusiasts have any info or ideas on how I can find more
      photos of built magpie designs. Hope to hear soon. Thanks.
    • legacy10548
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2008
        Hi Thomas,

        I I too have been entranced by Magpie. Every time I look at that boat I
        picture myself settin on the deck in in little cove with my fishing
        pole. But for now I am thinking about a model, maybe 1 inch to the
        foot. I have been trying to figure a way to hang a foresail on her.

        Ed

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "thomasgallant66"

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 5:39 PM
          It,s funny you mention a model version. I am currently taking lines
          off of the study plans. I have two nephews who love the idea of
          adventuring with their uncle on a boat like magpie. To keep their
          interest up I am building a model. Who knows maybe one day ??? --- In