Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Tolman's adaptation

  • Michael Walther
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 7 7:54 PM
      Hi Ken & Group, I should have been more clear (my bad). Here's hoping I get it right this time. The change involves the bottom of the box keel only. Any change to the stern would be to raise bottom of transom center a maximum of half in. but not top of tunnel over prop changing the angle of descent, any cavitation would happen at slowest speeds.
      The increase in draft isn't really that important. The Potomac's channel is on average 25' plus deep & wide, the in-town Naval base on the Anacostia River is 10-15 blocks (maybe less than that) from Capital building and for city's security it must be able to handle war ships 2oo ft plus. The shallow parts are full of quickly shifting sand bars some Rescue Minor would have trouble clearing.
      My real interest is River Belle as in-town on the Potomac live aboard retirement & economical large distance cruising. My interest Rescue Minor was sparked by Robb Whites article in WB mag.#189 and thoughts of Rescue Minor as day tripper with friends.
      Thanks, Mike