Missing Plans

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2004
      With the new exposure the Atkin catalog is getting on the Web, some orders
      have come in that Mrs. Atkin can't fill because the plans can't be found!
      Some of the plans may never have been returned by Hearst Publishing, but
      that wasn't discovered until now because no orders for them had ever been
      received. This situation is most unfortunate, I hate it when somebody takes
      a liking to a boat, and then can't get plans for it! :o( In most cases, I
      think I can reconstruct marketable sets of plans from the MoToR BoatinG
      articles, but they won't be a true substitute for prints from the original
      plans, and the reproduction quality in the Ideal Series books may be too
      poor to do anything with some of the boats. At least boats will be able to
      be built from the reconstructed plans. For now, only study plans are
      available for the following boats:

      Anabelle

      Azby
      Blue Bell

      Blue Bill
      Ghost

      Aunty Helen
      Mr. Browne

      If you tried to order any of the boats listed above, get in touch with me.

      Correlation does not imply causation; except, of course, to your cat.
      <Craig O'Donnell>
    • James W. Sloan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2004
        John,

        The loss of the plans is sad to those who appreciate the Atkin designs. I'm sure that there are enough adept CAD operators in the group to help with the reconstruction of the lost ones. I'm no boat designer, but I'd be willing to give it a try in AutoCAD. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help; boat builders have a way of pitching in...

        James Sloan
        Saint Simons Island, GA