RE: [AtkinBoats] Engine not aligned with Keel

  • Alan Boman
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 17 3:20 AM
      Thanks for that John!

      Another aspect that I am much less sure about is the shaft elevation.

      The engine I have would allow the shaft to be angled much nearer to the
      horizontal than Atkin specified and that would be good for efficiency I
      think (in theory at least). However, I wonder if the hull design relies on
      an element of lift from the down angled prop to ultimately provide level
      operation.

      Atkin apparently always said "don't modify anything" and I am very happy
      with that, but I am still curious..................

      What do people think ??

      Alan