Re: [AtkinBoats] Old Atkin Boat Plans

  • Ronald Fossum
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008
      If your library has the old Motor Boating Ideal Series you may be able to save yourself some trouble. If you go to John Kohnen's "Mother of all Maritimes Links" http://www.boat-links.com/boatlink.html , then to "John's Nautical & Boatbuilding Page", you will find partway down the page a link to "An Index of the Boat Plans in MoToR BoatinG Magazine's Ideal Series Books". Here you can find the Atkin design by name, and then the vol. and page numbers. The articles are complete with plans and a table of offsets as well as construction details. There should be more than enough info there to build any models. Aside from the small size of the plans, you could probably build the actual boat from the article.

      Ron Fossum

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2008
        Hi Ron -

        Thanks for the reminder. Years ago I had a complete set of Motor Boatings Ideal Searies. I even removed some of the fold out plans and wallpapered our finished basement with them, Now too many years have passed so I'll see if I can find a used book store that may have a few issues - thanks again,

        Aloha - Jack Spoering

      • lon wells
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2008
          You should have kept that complete collection of Motor
          Boating Ideal Series. It would be worth several
          thousand dollars today. I would go to John Kohnen's
          Motor Boating Ideal Series web site and see what boat
          and volume you want, then look on ABE books, Your
          local library might have a copy of the volume or could
          get it through inter-library loan. It might just be
          cheaper to buy the full size prints from Mrs Atkin.
          They are real nice for old eyes.
          Lon

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?