Re: [AtkinBoats] Thank you all folks for helping me !

  • Chris Kottaridis
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2008
      On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 18:57 -0700, Don Douglas wrote:
      > The AtkinBoats group has been great for me also. I don't know where in
      > Brazil you are but hopefully closer to major water than me.
      > I am building at 6000' in a city at the foot of 14,115' Pikes Peak in
      > a arid semi-desert climate. I must be crazy!

      We must be neighbors. I am in Colorado Springs, you've got to be in the
      area.

      Thanks
      Chris Kottaridis (chriskot@...)
    • rdtsang1953
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
        Boatbuilding - H.I.Chapelle at Amazon for $20 and up.

        Good luck - I'm envious!

        Bob

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "gordocutter_1" <gordocutter_1@...>
        wrote:

        > I want to thank you all friends, who help me with my problem, these
        > group has been a great source of help, and information, that I can not
        > find here in Brazil !

      • gordocutter_1
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
          Well that I can't complain about, I live just in front of the beach,
          in the best region of the Country to sailing, the northeast, with
          beautiful warm waters and lot of sand beaches some of them are
          still cover with palm trees (at least for now), good wind and with
          sun in most of the months, but we don't have a good structure for
          sailors, very few yachting clubs along the cost,and fewer have
          structure to receive keels boats, so you have to now were to release
          the anchor.
          Let me now the news about your Perigee! I'm Looking forward to see
          some photos of the progress!

          Cheers
          Adaucto

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Don Douglas" <douglashome@...>
          wrote:

          > The AtkinBoats group has been great for me also. I don't know
          where in Brazil you are but hopefully closer to major water than me.
          > I am building at 6000' in a city at the foot of 14,115' Pikes Peak
          in a arid semi-desert climate. I must be crazy!

          > Don Douglas

        • Don Douglas
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2008
            Adaucto,

            That sounds like a beautiful place! Maybe I should move there. I am waiting for some bronze parts and rope to add to my gaff spare and bowsprit before I do any picks. Then I will add some to an album.

            By the way, does anyone know how I add an album and pictures to the Atkin group page?

            Thanks
            Don Douglas

            wrote:

            > The AtkinBoats group has been great for me also. I don't know
            where in Brazil you are but hopefully closer to major water than me.
            > I am building at 6000' in a city at the foot of 14,115' Pikes Peak
            in a arid semi-desert climate. I must be crazy!

            > Don Douglas

          • gordocutter_1
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
              wrote:
              >You'll be welcome here any time, I'm sure that you will take a lot
              of sun tan here. You can add photos by click in the left corner of
              the screen where you'll read "photos" , than click in the right
              upside corner were you read "add photos" or "create a new file",
              than just load your photos and add to the file. I hope it helps,
              looking forward for them!

              Cheers,
              Adaucto