Re: [AtkinBoats] Thank you all folks for helping me !

  • Don Douglas
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2008
      The AtkinBoats group has been great for me also. I don't know where in Brazil you are but hopefully closer to major water than me.
      I am building at 6000' in a city at the foot of 14,115' Pikes Peak in a arid semi-desert climate. I must be crazy!

      Don Douglas

      I want to thank you all friends, who help me with my problem, these
      group has been a great source of help, and information, that I can not
      find here in Brazil !

    • Chris Kottaridis
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2008
        On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 18:57 -0700, Don Douglas wrote:
        > The AtkinBoats group has been great for me also. I don't know where in
        > Brazil you are but hopefully closer to major water than me.
        > I am building at 6000' in a city at the foot of 14,115' Pikes Peak in
        > a arid semi-desert climate. I must be crazy!

        We must be neighbors. I am in Colorado Springs, you've got to be in the
        area.

        Thanks
        Chris Kottaridis (chriskot@...)
      • rdtsang1953
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
          Boatbuilding - H.I.Chapelle at Amazon for $20 and up.

          Good luck - I'm envious!

          Bob

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "gordocutter_1" <gordocutter_1@...>
          wrote:

          > I want to thank you all friends, who help me with my problem, these
          > group has been a great source of help, and information, that I can not
          > find here in Brazil !

        • gordocutter_1
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
            Well that I can't complain about, I live just in front of the beach,
            in the best region of the Country to sailing, the northeast, with
            beautiful warm waters and lot of sand beaches some of them are
            still cover with palm trees (at least for now), good wind and with
            sun in most of the months, but we don't have a good structure for
            sailors, very few yachting clubs along the cost,and fewer have
            structure to receive keels boats, so you have to now were to release
            the anchor.
            Let me now the news about your Perigee! I'm Looking forward to see
            some photos of the progress!

            Cheers
            Adaucto

            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Don Douglas" <douglashome@...>
            wrote:

            > The AtkinBoats group has been great for me also. I don't know
            where in Brazil you are but hopefully closer to major water than me.
            > I am building at 6000' in a city at the foot of 14,115' Pikes Peak
            in a arid semi-desert climate. I must be crazy!

            > Don Douglas

          • Don Douglas
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2008
              Adaucto,

              That sounds like a beautiful place! Maybe I should move there. I am waiting for some bronze parts and rope to add to my gaff spare and bowsprit before I do any picks. Then I will add some to an album.

              By the way, does anyone know how I add an album and pictures to the Atkin group page?

              Thanks
              Don Douglas

              wrote:

              > The AtkinBoats group has been great for me also. I don't know
              where in Brazil you are but hopefully closer to major water than me.
              > I am building at 6000' in a city at the foot of 14,115' Pikes Peak
              in a arid semi-desert climate. I must be crazy!

              > Don Douglas

            • gordocutter_1
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
                wrote:
                >You'll be welcome here any time, I'm sure that you will take a lot
                of sun tan here. You can add photos by click in the left corner of
                the screen where you'll read "photos" , than click in the right
                upside corner were you read "add photos" or "create a new file",
                than just load your photos and add to the file. I hope it helps,
                looking forward for them!

                Cheers,
                Adaucto