Re: [AtkinBoats] Atkin plan detail

  • DirtSailor
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2008
      Ed,

      I have ordered two different sets of plans from Atkin CO. The first set that I ordered was Trim, the second which I just received is for Cabin Boy. Both sets include all the information that one needs to buld the boat. However both sets require lofting to get the materials and such. Trims plans are line profiles, stations, and offsets, Cabin Boy has lines drawings, stem, transom and form dimensions, but no table of offsets. Both plans are complete in that you can build from them, however in order to obtain actual stock sizes and such lofting is required. Keep in mind too that with all older plans the information on stock sizes may not apply to todays standards. I cannot comment on all of the Atkins plans as I have only ordered two. I can recommend them though as complete enough to be built from. And they do have nice lines.

      Dirtsailor