Re: Photos of William and John

  • alan terry
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 1:40 AM
      > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
      article on the
      > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

      Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
      where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7 12:11 AM
        No, no! Some of the photos are from the articles in Wooden Boat. <g> I guess
        that was an ambiguous sentence... Wooden Boat would probably have my hide
        for a lampshade if I put the whole articles online, even though the author
        told Mrs. Atkin she could do whatever she wants with them.

        There's a good two-part remembrance of William Atkin in Weston Farmer's
        "From My Old Boatshop".

        On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:40:27 -0000, Alan wrote:
        > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
        > > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
        > article on the
        > > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

        > Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
        > where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)

        As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
        <Joshua Slocum>