Ebay: Atkin classic bluewater cutter - 41' Fairhaven MA

  • sals_dad
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2008
      ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%
      3A1123&viewitem=&item=180212807217
      Ebay # 180212807217

      In VICTORIA, yacht designer William Atkin drew a development of his
      famous offshore cruiser ERIC, which was built (along with 2
      sisterships) in Huntington in 1924 by Richard Chute for Motorboat
      magazine editor Bill Nutting. VICTORIA was built in 1926 by Ardlund
      in Brooklyn. She was slightly heavier than ERIC and her sisters,
      thereby having more room below. These boats were heavily built and
      had a reputation for an easy motion at sea, as well as having
      comfortable interiors. William Atkin intended them to be a faster
      yacht version of the Colin Archer redningsskoite pilot cutters by
      means of a finer entry, harder bilges, more hollow garboards, more
      cutaway forefoot, and a springier sheer. VICTORIA has made use of her
      offshore pedigree by cruising in both in the Atlantic and the Pacific
      and in the waters of the continental US, Caribbean, and South
      America. Ruggedly built and well equipped, she can be recommended as
      a fine offshore cruising yacht with a salty, traditional style.

      I have not been living in the vicinity of Victoria for several years,
      and she is essentially abandoned. I can't guarantee that every piece
      of equipment listed is on board and intact, and likewise there may be
      equipment I failed to mention. Her condition as described here is
      based mostly on information I've received from recent official
      surveys and third parties who have seen her in person, as well as my
      own recollections. Victoria is sold 'as is' and the buyer is
      responsible for all costs of purchase, including transportation (she
      must be moved by land from her current location within 7 days of
      purchase).