info about MAid of Endor

  • gordocutter_1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2008
      Hi there, all of you folks, lovers of boats like me!
      I'm from Brazil and i just bought the plans for MOE(Maid of Endor), i
      try to find some info about her on the web but didin't found very
      much, the only one MOE that i found was the Robelia, is there anyone
      that build one beside her? I will sure apreciate some help, cause i'm
      have to say this is going to be my first project, and the lac of info
      about her just make it more hard.
      I bought the book "how to build small boats", you guys think is a good
      book to help me ( a first time bilder)?
      (Sorry about the bad english)
    • Aquiles Rösner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2008
        Hola, te felicito por tu desición de construir la Maid of Endor.
        LAs lineas clasicas me dan la impresion, que es un bote de gran
        seguridad y ademas teneis la oportunidad de construir clasicamente.
        Un libro, del cual estoy aprendiendo mucho es David C. McIntosh: How to
        build a Wooden Boat. Es sumamente comprensible, no se pierde en
        detalles, sin olvidarlos. Es para gente, que no tiene mucha experiencia,
        te anima y empuja sencillamente a comenzar.
        Yo estoy metido en las preparaciones para la construccion de la
        Ingrid,tambien un diseño de Atkin.
        Te deseo que enquentres buena madera para tu proyecto.
        Saludos Aquiles

        Am Mittwoch, den 09.01.2008, 02:08 +0000 schrieb gordocutter_1:
        > Hi there, all of you folks, lovers of boats like me!
        > I'm from Brazil and i just bought the plans for MOE(Maid of Endor), i
        > try to find some info about her on the web but didin't found very
        > much, the only one MOE that i found was the Robelia, is there anyone
        > that build one beside her? I will sure apreciate some help, cause i'm
        > have to say this is going to be my first project, and the lac of info
        > about her just make it more hard.
        > I bought the book "how to build small boats", you guys think is a
        > good
        > book to help me ( a first time bilder)?
        > (Sorry about the bad english)

      • gordocutter_1
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2008
          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Aquiles Rösner
          <aquiles.roesner@...> wrote:
          > Thank you for the tip of the book, I was just looking in the
          amazon this book as I read you reply. I bought the Greg Rossel's
          book "Building small boats" but it hasn't arrive yet so I don't now
          if it's good, the critics in the amazon, are good though.
          Good look in your project, I search the plans of Ingrid in the
          Atkin's page and she looks very beautiful, she also appears to be
          a challenge to build. Will you going to build her in strip or
          carvel? Also what kind of wood will you use? When you can, post
          some photos of the process, I will sure looking forward for it.