Re: Lofting of Perigee

  • alankornhauser
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2007
      I have never lofted an Atkins design full-scale, but I have entered
      the offsets for a few flat- and vee-bottom designs into various
      computer programs. I've found several clear errors in the offset
      tables from MotorBoating articles. I suppose the MotorBoating
      articles were produce on a pretty tight schedule, and the scaling off
      the lines drawings was not done as carefully as it should have been.

      I don't know about diagonals, since I haven't looked at anything
      round-bottomed.

      Since you are building Perigee, I assume you have the to-scale lines
      drawing. I suggest that you use the proper scale and check the table
      of offsets against the drawing. That is, after all, how the Atkins'
      got their tables of offsets. The lines drawing, not the table, is
      really the ultimate reference for the boat design.

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Don Douglas" <douglashome@...>