Eric Ketch For Sale

  • maritimus49
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2007
      Hello Everyone --
      I am letting the members of this group know before I place an ad on
      craigslist, etc. that I have decided to sell my Eric ketch "Viking". I
      was recently laid off and I need to relocate where the boat will not
      be appropriate.
      The boat was built by a master shipwright in Costa Mesa in 1956. It
      is constructed in Honduras mahogany with some kind of ironwood frames.
      It is very strong and an ocean vet. Equipment includes a reconditioned
      Furuno radar, new Seward propane stove, new Uniden VHF with GPS
      inferface capability, a full set of sails including drifter and mizzen
      staysail, 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel that starts easily and has no
      smoke. It has excellent engine access and the fuel tanks are mounted
      under the cockpit seats and are Monel.
      The interior is a dinette layout and the head compartment was
      modified into an excellent berth on the port side with the head moved
      to the centerline in a custom box. This work was done by a
      professional woodworker. The boat comes with a lot of equipment
      including an electrical autopilot, handheld GPS, 2HP Mariner outboard,
      and stereo. This is a turnkey boat, just add food and water, etc and
      sail away. It has a LOT of storage space and is a great liveaboard. It
      is located in Sausalito, CA.
      I'm asking $25,000 which I think is fair. A photo of the boat is in
      the Photo section of this group under Eric. I can send additional
      photos including the interior if you are interested.

      Regards,
      Bruce