Rescue Minor

  • Rosendo (Roy) Reroma, Jr.
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 25, 2007
      HI all!!!

      I'm new to the group. Am in the process of of buying a Rescue Minor
      plan and would like to get somw idea of what the plans include. I
      don't hve the ability to build a boat just by the off-sets.

      1. Does the plan have frame diagrams?

      2. Does it include a guide how the frames are to be set-up in the
      strong back?

      Thanks in advance for the infos.

      regards,
      Roy
    • ojskiff
      Message 38 of 38 , May 18, 2014
        I have seen 4 Resue Minors built and 3 of the builders modified Atkin's plans.  All 3 of them had problems with the performance.  Atkin's knew what he was doing and I would recommend that anyone build it according to the plan.I built one under Sea Island Boatworks (Mark Bayne) and we followed the plans to the "tee"  The boat preformed perfectly.  I would advise that everyone stick to the plans.  I have a lot of Rescue Minor construction photos posted at www.morrisislandboatworks.com