RE: [AtkinBoats] 22' Ninigret Plans - Would Like to Purchase but not connecting with Mrs Pat Atki

  • David Calloway
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2007
      I've ordered two sets of plans from her. I used the print-out form on the
      web site and sent a check snail mail. They came in less than two weeks with
      a nice letter from her.

      David

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2007
        > I've tried contacting Mrs Pat Atkin via email
        > but I have not heard back from her at all.

        Hi Ted,

        Pat's web site says she is not available for up to two weeks at a time,
        have you given her at least this much time to contact you?

        Note that the last few times she emailed me she was using an email
        address that makes her messages look like SPAM to my google email
        filter. I told her about this and suggested getting a new email
        address but I never heard from her again.

        If you can't get Ninigret plans or if you don't want to wait until you
        can, here's a place where you can get plans for "Nina", a very similar
        boat that might be better engineered for today's typical small boat
        construction methods:

        http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=LB22

        I haven't studied these boats in that much depth but I've been
        interested in both, and so far I haven't been able to identify any
        particular features that might make one any better than the other.
        Here's what bateau.com has to say about Nina:

        "While our fiberglass/plywood composite material is 100% original, there
        isn't anything new in the hull lines. It is a proven type with very
        predictable behavior. For the looks and layout, we took ideas from
        several classic designs: the cuddy cabin is inspired by the Atkins
        design Ninigret, the open version windshield comes from Bolger's
        Halloween, the engine cover from the Handy Billy that was featured in
        Wooden Boats. We mixed it all with a touch of Culler's influence and it
        became the Nina."

        Maybe Nina is worth a closer look, here's two more links:

        http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/LB22_study.htm?prod=LB22
        http://www.bateau2.com/gallery/LB22/index.htm

        Sincerely,
        Ken Grome
        Bagacay Boatworks
        www.bagacayboatworks.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 25, 2007
          Mrs. Atkin says she answered your emails. Maybe the messages got caught by
          your spam filter, sometimes he messages to me end up there... Have you
          tried printing out the order form and sending it in? Pat can get behind a
          little bit at times, but you'll always get your order.

          On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:53:24 -0800, ted wrote:

          > I've tried contacting Mrs Pat Atkin via email but I have not heard
          > back from her at all. I've also tried to contact through multiple
          > user groups to find someone that could help me purchase the plans but
          > still to no avail.

          People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. <Logan
          Pearsall Smith>
        • Ted Crouse
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
            I think that must be what happened! Thanks so much as I'm sending off my money and form today. I hope everything works out for the best and I may have a great Christmas present for myself if everything works out! I just didn't want to build the Nina (my only other option) as I really am impressed with the Ninigret. It's going to be the best boat for all of my needs. I can't wait to get started as I'm dropping my own oak and cedar out of my back yard this month. Very exciting.

            Thanks again.
            Ted

            Mrs. Atkin says she answered your emails. Maybe the messages got caught by
            your spam filter, sometimes he messages to me end up there... Have you
            tried printing out the order form and sending it in? Pat can get behind a
            little bit at times, but you'll always get your order.

            On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:53:24 -0800, ted wrote:

            > I've tried contacting Mrs Pat Atkin via email but I have not heard
            > back from her at all. I've also tried to contact through multiple
            > user groups to find someone that could help me purchase the plans but
            > still to no avail.

            People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading. <Logan
            Pearsall Smith>

            <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • ted_temp
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 28, 2007
              Thanks for everyone's response. I've sent for the plans and hoping
              for the best. Thanks again.