Re: Photos of William and John

  • alan terry
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
      maybe I'll
      > get some out of books and magazines and scan them.

      That would be wonderfull! It would be great to see what the men
      responsible for creating such a wide and distinctive range of boats
      actually looked like! Were they not often photographed?

      alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2004
        Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part article on the
        Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

        What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long stretch of
        smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? <Billy Atkin>
      • alan terry
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
          > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
          article on the
          > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

          Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
          where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2004
            No, no! Some of the photos are from the articles in Wooden Boat. <g> I guess
            that was an ambiguous sentence... Wooden Boat would probably have my hide
            for a lampshade if I put the whole articles online, even though the author
            told Mrs. Atkin she could do whatever she wants with them.

            There's a good two-part remembrance of William Atkin in Weston Farmer's
            "From My Old Boatshop".

            On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:40:27 -0000, Alan wrote:
            > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
            > > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
            > article on the
            > > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

            > Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
            > where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)

            As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
            <Joshua Slocum>