Rescue Minor Movie

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 28, 2007
      We got a movie of the Sea Island Boat Builders Rescue Minor in action! No
      performance figures, though:

      http://tinyurl.com/2kjlqh

      Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he
      is supposed to be doing at that moment. <Robert Benchley>
    • Ronald Fossum
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 28, 2007
        Doesn't work for me.

        Ron

        > We got a movie of the Sea Island Boat Builders Rescue Minor in action! No
        > performance figures, though:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/2kjlqh
        >
        > --
        > John <jkohnen@...>
        > Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he
        > is supposed to be doing at that moment. <Robert Benchley>

        > polite.

        > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David Calloway
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 28, 2007
          Loved that! and I just sent away for two other Atkin study plans...

          David
          > We got a movie of the Sea Island Boat Builders Rescue Minor in action! No
          > performance figures, though:
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/2kjlqh
          >
          > --
          > John <jkohnen@...>
          > Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he
          > is supposed to be doing at that moment. <Robert Benchley>

          > polite.

          > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • penningtonjeff
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 29, 2007
            Sea Island has updated their "Current Projects" with new RM pictures
            and two videos (one is the same as the link below).

            http://www.seaislandboatworks.com/boats/rescueminor.htm

            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "David Calloway" <david@...> wrote:

            > Loved that! and I just sent away for two other Atkin study plans...
            >
            > David

            Co. will
            > > take no responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.
            > >
            > > The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at
            > > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • terry lesh
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 29, 2007
              Me niether,

              Terry

              > We got a movie of the Sea Island Boat Builders Rescue Minor in action! No
              > performance figures, though:
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/2kjlqh
              >
              > --
              > John <jkohnen@...>
              > Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he
              > is supposed to be doing at that moment. <Robert Benchley>

              > polite.

              > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • DirtSailor
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 29, 2007
                I liked the second movie best, for some reason john I can't get your link to work, but was able to find them via a search:

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_D-LilJnMo

                Dirt

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 30, 2007
                  That link works for me, whether I'm logged into Flickr or not. <shrug> The
                  trouble may be that you need to have a viewer for QuickTime movies
                  installed on your computer. Don't blame me! I didn't choose the format. <g>

                  http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

                  On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:30:14 -0700, Ron F wrote:

                  > Doesn't work for me.

                  > http://tinyurl.com/2kjlqh

                  Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in light so dim he
                  would not have chosen a suit by it. <Maurice Chevalier>
                • Brent Kennedy
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 31, 2007
                    --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, DirtSailor <dirtsailor2003@...> wrote:

                    Oh to be able to motor that fast THAT CLOSE to the beach without
                    worrying about ripping your prop off!

                    And there's hardly a ripple reaches the sand! Looks wonderful. Brent
                  • Ronald Fossum
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 31, 2007
                      No, John. I have the software. Your link didn't work for some others. But
                      when DirtSailor provided a good link I was able to enjoy both of them. Don't
                      be so quick to blame lack of software.

                      Ron

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 31, 2007
                        I blamed lack of software because I couldn't think of any other reason why
                        some people can view the video and some others can't, though they're using
                        the same link. <shrug> Can you view the movie if you use the link on the
                        Rescue Minor photos page?

                        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/RescueMinor/

                        or does this un-tiny URL work?

                        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/RescueMinor/SeaIslandRM.mov

                        On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:51:25 -0700, Ron F wrote:

                        > No, John. I have the software. Your link didn't work for some others. But
                        > when DirtSailor provided a good link I was able to enjoy both of them.
                        > Don't be so quick to blame lack of software.

                        Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn
                        and quoted. <Fred Allen>
                      • Ronald Fossum
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 31, 2007
                          The tiny URL you have listed here does work. You don't have a URL to the
                          movie on the photos page.
                          Ron

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 31, 2007
                            Yes I do, there's a link to the movie at the end of the Sea Island Rescue
                            Minor photos, just before the photos of Rich's model. But the un-tiny URL
                            works, so the problem must have been with the URL generated by tinyurl.
                            But why did only _some_ people have trouble with it? <sigh>

                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
                              OK. Finally got it. The "photo" itself is the link (the blue border
                              indicating a hyperlink is pretty fine). I kept trying to figure out how the
                              "words" beneath were the hyperlink. Maybe that might be better for us
                              "dummies".

                              Hope the little "gremlins" were good to you last night.

                              Ron