Plans detail and other information

  • yojo18840
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2007
      Hello all.
      I very much like a couple of Atkins designs and am leaning towards this
      designer for my second boat (the first was a flat bottom lapstrake
      skiff for oar which is in its final stages).
      I hope to get some feedback on two issues.
      Are the plans detailed enough for someone with moderate experience and
      having read most of the classic building books? Is there typically
      anything that is left to interpretation? What is your opinion of the
      level of detail.
      Second, I'd like some input on the choices (and any designs that you
      may recommend) for a daysailer with a bit of performance designed in,
      that is in the 12-18 foot range. I'd like now to gain some experience
      with a round bilge project (classic steamed frames, solid backbone,
      plank construction). I like, so far, Catnip and Sanderling.
      Thanks all in advance, for the comments,
      Ed
    • Lewis E. Gordon
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2007
        Ed,

        A few months back there were some discussions concerning "Happy Time"
        which is at the upper limit of your length range at 18'2". I feel
        that this boat would be an excellent daysailor, even though the essay
        calls it a cruiser, with the advantage of a small cabin for some
        protection.

        Lewis