Re: [AtkinBoats] Photos of William and John

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
      Mrs. Atkin is going to send me some, sometime. In the meantime, maybe I'll
      get some out of books and magazines and scan them.

      On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 08:40:12 -0000, you wrote:
      > Does anyone have any photographs of William and John Atkin that can
      > be posted in the photos file? With captions, maybe?
      > alan

    • alan terry
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
        maybe I'll
        > get some out of books and magazines and scan them.

        That would be wonderfull! It would be great to see what the men
        responsible for creating such a wide and distinctive range of boats
        actually looked like! Were they not often photographed?

        alan
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2004
          Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part article on the
          Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

          What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long stretch of
          smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? <Billy Atkin>
        • alan terry
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
            > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
            article on the
            > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

            Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
            where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2004
              No, no! Some of the photos are from the articles in Wooden Boat. <g> I guess
              that was an ambiguous sentence... Wooden Boat would probably have my hide
              for a lampshade if I put the whole articles online, even though the author
              told Mrs. Atkin she could do whatever she wants with them.

              There's a good two-part remembrance of William Atkin in Weston Farmer's
              "From My Old Boatshop".

              On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:40:27 -0000, Alan wrote:
              > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
              > > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
              > article on the
              > > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

              > Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
              > where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)

              As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
              <Joshua Slocum>