Photos of William and John

  • alan terry
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4 12:40 AM
      Does anyone have any photographs of William and John Atkin that can
      be posted in the photos file? With captions, maybe?
      alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4 3:08 AM
        Mrs. Atkin is going to send me some, sometime. In the meantime, maybe I'll
        get some out of books and magazines and scan them.

        On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 08:40:12 -0000, you wrote:
        > Does anyone have any photographs of William and John Atkin that can
        > be posted in the photos file? With captions, maybe?
        > alan

      • alan terry
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4 1:07 PM
          maybe I'll
          > get some out of books and magazines and scan them.

          That would be wonderfull! It would be great to see what the men
          responsible for creating such a wide and distinctive range of boats
          actually looked like! Were they not often photographed?

          alan
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5 2:27 AM
            Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part article on the
            Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

            What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long stretch of
            smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? <Billy Atkin>
          • alan terry
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6 1:40 AM
              > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
              article on the
              > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

              Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
              where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7 12:11 AM
                No, no! Some of the photos are from the articles in Wooden Boat. <g> I guess
                that was an ambiguous sentence... Wooden Boat would probably have my hide
                for a lampshade if I put the whole articles online, even though the author
                told Mrs. Atkin she could do whatever she wants with them.

                There's a good two-part remembrance of William Atkin in Weston Farmer's
                "From My Old Boatshop".

                On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:40:27 -0000, Alan wrote:
                > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
                > > Here are a few photos from Of Yachts and Men and the two-part
                > article on the
                > > Atkins in Wooden Boat #168 & 189:

                > Thanks, John, I'm sure this is a great addition to the database! But
                > where are the articles from Wooden Boat hiding from me???:)

                As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
                <Joshua Slocum>