boatbuilding books

  • Mike Dolph
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2007
      My newest book on boat building is called "Small Boat Building" by
      Patterson and was written early 1900's. Get it through google book
      search. It's vintage but very good just the same; I haven't read the
      section on laying down the lines closely enough yet to decide if it's
      the best guide I ever saw or just wordy and reiterative; he certainly
      wrote enough on the subject. Bruce Bingham's section on lofting was
      the best I know of in "Ferrocement ******" (whatever the title was).

      Lot's to read in this old book unfortunately many of the illustrations
      didn't scan well so you really have to read carefully.

      Mike Dolph