Re: Ballast options????

  • snaglefriz
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Don Douglas" <douglashome@...> wrote:

      > I read a blog the other day that said the builder needed to collect
      80,000 tire weights to get enough lead for his keel....

      That is not a bad idea. Tire weights be real good and not much left
      over to dispose of. Thanks Don.
    • wmeparker@cinci.rr.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
        Don't forget stained glass shops. Although there are a lot of stain galss people who used the copper/silver solder approach, there are many, particularly those that do restoration, that use lead for the edging. it has a relatively high antimony percentage, bu that is not necessarily bad.