Re: Best Design

  • Lewis E. Gordon
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4 1:02 PM
      If I had to limit my library one book, it would be Bud McIntosh's "How
      To Build A Wooden Boat".

      Lewis

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "snaglefriz" <samofsmith@...> wrote:

      > It me again.
      > I did want to tell you. I bought a book to help with building a larger
      > boat. I guessing it best to read and learn, before spending a lot to
      > build a big boat. I have built houses also and tell people, it easy to
      > make a $5,000 mistake. I assume boats are the same, remember my
      > friends and myself sunk boat? Though it was cheap enough, it required
      > more material after and more un-needed labor, had we done to right the
      > first time.
      > The book I have is;
      > The Gougeon Brothers On Boat Construction
      >
      > I not say it the best and maybe others can give us some other good
      > books to help circumvent the $5,000 mistake. ;-)

    • snaglefriz
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4 2:47 PM
        <l_gordon_nica@...> wrote:

        > If I had to limit my library one book, it would be Bud McIntosh's "How
        > To Build A Wooden Boat".
        >
        > Lewis

        That looks like a good book. I would rather spend a few bucks and read
        as it can help with choosing a good plan and doing a good work. Helps
        me focus on a "Game Plan" and not forget important little things that
        be hard to add later. If, I am able to build a big boat I want to do
        the best work and take my time. I starting to look more at "Nutmeg"
        but still open to opinions too. Thanks Lewis for the input on anther book.